The UK Policy Group is designed to specifically address the policy implications for the UK of the sustainable security analysis and our project-specific activities. Made up of Lords and former MPs, diplomats, advisors and civil servants, this group meets several times a year to develop the sustainable security analysis into workable policies.
The current members of the group are:
- David Broucher, independent analyst and former British Ambassador to the Czech Republic and British Permanent Representative to the Conference on Disarmament
- Baroness Chalker of Wallasey, Chair of Africa Matters Ltd, member of the Global Leadership Foundation and former Minister of State for Overseas Development
- Professor Malcolm Chalmers, Professorial Fellow at the Royal United Services Institute, and Visiting Professor at King's College London, and former Special Adviser to Foreign Secretaries Jack Straw MP and Margaret Beckett MP
- Philippa Drew, former Director of Global Issues at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office
- Ian Kearns, Specialist Adviser to the Joint House of Commons/House of Lords Committee on National Security, Senior Fellow at the Royal United Services Institute and Senior Analyst at the British American Security Information Council
- Lord King of Bridgwater, former Secretary of State for the Environment, Northern Ireland and Defence, Chair of the Intelligence and Security Committee, and Deputy Chair of the Conservative Party's National and International Security Policy Group
- Nick Mabey, Chief Executive of E3G and former Senior Adviser in the Prime Minister’s Strategy Unit
- Rear Admiral Chris Parry, Chair of the UK Marine Management Organisation and former Director General of the Development, Concepts and Doctrine Centre at the Ministry of Defence
- Malcolm Savidge, former Labour MP and Convenor of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Global Security and Non-proliferation
- Elizabeth Wilmshurst, Fellow at Chatham House, Visiting Professor of International Law at University College London, and former legal advisor at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
Richard Reeve is the Director of Oxford Research Group's (ORG) Sustainable Security Programme. He works across a wide range of defence and security issues and is responsible for the strategic...
David Broucher is an international relations consultant. In his earlier career, he was successively British Ambassador at Prague, Head of the British Disarmament Mission in Geneva and EU...
Malcolm Chalmers is Professorial Fellow in British Security Policy at the Royal United Services Institute for Defence and Security Studies (RUSI). He was previously Special Adviser to Foreign...
Philippa Drew joined the Board in 2007. Philippa retired from the civil service in 2006. Most of her career was spent in the Home Office dealing with crime, criminal justice, prisons,...
Lord (‘Tom’) King of Bridgewater has been a life peer since 2001. He was Conservative MP for Bridgewater from 1970-2001 and held a number of ministerial posts, include Secretary of...
Nick Mabey is a Founding Director and the Chief Executive of E3G. Until December 2005 he was a senior advisor in the UK Prime Minister's Strategy Unit leading work on a variety of policy areas...